Friday, July 24, 2009

Random - Bouncy Balls, a Boobie, and More

So we started selling "Helium super balls" at CVS. They're basically softball size rubber bouncy balls filled with helium so they bounce pretty high. While I used them to practice my juggling during the slow moments, it turns out the majority of my drunken college-age customer base can't be trusted with them. People kept bouncing them up and down the aisles, hitting the ceiling tiles and each other.

It got to the point that my assistant manager put a sign on the bin reading (emphasis on the quote) "do to possible injury to costomers and employee,s please do not bounce the balls thx, mgr" I immediately pulled the signs because I don't like advertising that I work beneath someone who by all accounts should be literate but isn't. I corrected the spelling errors and gave them to him. He came back a few minutes later with the following: "due to possible injury to customers and employee,s please do not bounce the balls thx, mgr" I again pulled the sign due to the "employee,s" error (which I had corrected on my version) and the manager gave up, blaming the computer's lack of spell check. Even if it had come back fine, I would have pulled it simply because he didn't capitalize or punctuate the damn thing.

Anyway, a drunken couple also came in to the the store last night to buy some cigarettes. What makes this couple different than others, you may ask? The fact that the woman was complaining about her broken shirt. Apparently one of the straps had come apart at the seams and she was having to hold the front of her shirt up. She was apparently to drunk to remember this when she came up to the register to pay though, as I glanced up and got a clear view of a naked left boobie. She slowly recovered, perhaps to out of it to even notice she had exposed herself to a complete stranger.

And finally, a guy came in claiming he was about to brighten up my evening. While his friend went to get candy, he walked over to me at the register, held something up, and said "pull my finger." What he held up, however did not look like a finger, but rather a dildo. I quickly replied, "No thank you." He pulled it and it made what I can only assume was supposed to be a farting noise. He then talked to me for a couple minutes and kept insisting that he doesn't drink and he was completely sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment