Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quotes - July 3, 2009

Occasional people ask me if it gets boring working the night shift. And the answer is yes. After the bars close down at 2am, we usually have less than 10 customer between then and 6am, especially in these summer months when most of ASU is out of session. As a result, if I haven't already finished my nightly tasks of facing the aisles and vacuuming, I can always wrap that up by 4 at the latest. Unfortunately, my shifts usually last until 6 or even 8am, leaving quite a bit of down time.

Anyway, a guy asked me if it was boring working this shift and rather than go into all of that, I said it's not too bad. His reply, very quiet so as to not draw attention to himself maybe, "You want a smoke a bowl to help pass the time?"

Also, one of my manager's tend to close the bathrooms around the time the bars get out for cleaning. As a result, I often have people coming in about 2:05 asking to using it, saying all sorts of stuff to get me to open it. On this particular night, a trio of girls came in with a guy friend. One of the girls offered "to lick my perfect teeth." I apologized but thanked her for the offer. As she was leaving, she said I looked like Robert Pattinson (who was on a few of the magazines).

So apparently the theme of this night was that I come across as a stoner.

No comments:

Post a Comment