Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The breakdown

So I figure I can make things easier to follow by categorizing my stories. At the moment, I can break everything down into the following groups:

Characters - these will describe some of the outlandish people I have met on this job.

Quotes - people say a lot of stupid things. Fortunately, as soon as they walk out the door, I can jot it down on some register tape and post it later.

Events - the crazy shit that actually happens during the graveyard shift.

People I Know - in order not to embarrass people too much, I'll keep things anonymous, but a few of the stories come from people I knew in my life before CVS.

Songs I Hate Hearing Every Night and Why - CVS radio plays pretty much the same set list every night (I think even in the same order). These are the songs that make me cringe every night.

Softer Side of CVS - seldom will you find jokes in this category. This is made up of the people and things that make the job bearable. Regular visitors, random acts of kindness I see, people that just want to chat, etc.

Random - Other things that just might not fit into any of the above but I feel are worth sharing.

I may eventually add more categories, but I think this will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment