Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Event - Drunken Indian Brawl???

From July 16 (with some additions to the tale),

Approximately 10:30PM: a couple of drunk Indians come into the store. One is in a sling and saying, "I just got outta the hospital. Can I get my prescription furred?" I assume he meant filled but his speech was pretty slurred. I tell him, "Sorry, the pharmacy closed at 10PM and won't reopen until 8AM.

Circa 5:50AM: They come back - still pretty drunk it would seem. The guy no longer has a sling on his arm. He agains asks for the pharmacy. I tell him again it still won't be open until 8AM. If he needs one sooner he can go to the CVS at Southern and Rural, where the Pharmacy is 24-hours. He insists he'd rather give us the business so he'll come back later.

6:07 AM: Another guy comes in, pretty beaten up (cuts on his face, swollen eye, etc.) and tries to buy some vodka. He's a dollar short. He says he has it in his car and leaves the store to go get the extra dollar. Rather than walk to the parking lot though, he goes around to the bus station, where, if I'm not mistaken, the Indians were waiting.

When he comes back in, he mentions that he was mugged the last night by a couple of drunk Indians.

***In my original post of this event, I suggested that the Indians who came for the pharmacy a couple times beat this guy up. Given the close proximity to their morning visits, I also suspect that they may have become friends and were going to share the vodka out at the bus stop at 6:15 in the morning while they waited to the pharmacy to open so they could get a prescription of pain killers.

No comments:

Post a Comment